Philippine-American Educational Foundation
Deadline: 7 May 2010
Scholarship to Filipinos to study at the graduate level (master’s or doctoral studies) or pursue non-degree doctoral enrichment or doctoral dissertation research in the United States. Grants under the Philippine Fulbright Student Program are for a maximum of one academic year for non-degree, one to two years for master’s, and two years for doctoral degree studies.
WHO MAY APPLY
1. Philippine citizenship
2. English proficiency
3. College degree with major in field of specialization; excellent undergraduate record
4. Applicants must have at least two years of professional work experience (after college) in their field of specialization.
5. Applicants for the degree programs must be no older than 40 years of age at the time of application. This age requirement is waived for non-degree study.
6. Applicants must be in good health to pursue graduate work in the US.
7. Applicants must return to the Philippines immediately upon completion of study.
8. Non-degree applicants must meet the added requirements:
1. Applicants for doctoral enrichment must be enrolled in a relevant study program in a Philippine university
2. Applicants for doctoral dissertation must show proof that materials required to pursue research are not available in the Philippines but are available in the United States.
Individuals holding dual citizenship, are permanent residents and/or are presently studying in the US are not eligible.
FINANCIAL AID/ GRANT SUPPORT
The grant provides for round-trip international travel, monthly maintenance allowance, tuition and fees, book/supplies allowance, and health and accident insurance.
1. Official or certified transcript of records from all colleges/universities attended
2. Certified true copy of diploma (not original)
3. Four letters of reference (forms are included with the application kit)
4. Completed 6-page application form
5. NBI Clearance acquired in the past 6 months
December 7, 2009 to May 7, 2010.
Printed copy of completed applications must be received at the PAEF office on or before May 7, 2010.
PAEF-Educational Information and Advising Center
10/F Ayala Life-FGU Center-Makati
6811 Ayala Avenue
1226 Makati City
Tel Nos: (632) 812-0919, (632) 812-0945, (632) 812-5890
Fax No: (632) 812-0822