Fellowship Fund Incorporated
Branch of Australian Federation of
University Women Queensland
Deadline: June 30, 2009
This Fellowship is provided by the AFUW QLD, the Queensland association of the Australian Federation of University Women to women graduates from more than ten countries.
Studies have been supported in a wide range of disciplines, for example: marine biology, architecture, law, literature, radiography, mathematics, social work, archaeology, economics, molecular biology, management, music, information technology and performing arts.
Fellowship may be used for formal postgraduate study consistent with the aims of FFI. The maximum period of the Fellowship is one year commencing by September 2009. Successful applicants may reapply for a Fellowship in subsequent years.
WHO MAY APPLY
This fellowship is only available to women scholars who:
(a) are graduates of a recognized tertiary institution from any country and are intending to take up or continue postgraduate studies at a recognized tertiary institution in Queensland, Australia, or
(b) have graduated at a recognized tertiary institution in Queensland, and are intending to take up or continue postgraduate studies at a recognized tertiary institution elsewhere.
The annual value of the Fellowships is linked to the value of Australian Postgraduate Awards (APAs) plus 10%. As an indication, an APA in 2008 was worth $22,020 per year.
* The stipend is paid in two parts, usually in January and July
– one half following finalisation of Fellowship documentation and FFI’s satisfaction that the program of study has been accepted by the nominated institution, and
– subject to the conditions below, one half after six months of tenure;
* The second stipend payment is subject to satisfactory progress as indicated by a progress report from the Fellowship recipient after six months of tenure;
* A final typewritten report is required at completion of the Fellowship, and should include information about any publications arising from the funded study.
1. Fellowship Application form available at the AFUWQ website.
2. Certified copies of TOR
3. Brief CV not exceeding 6 pages
4. Justification for funding request
5. Written Confirmation from University
6. 2 Referees Reports
June 30, 2009
Academic Dress Hire Service
Ph: (07) 3371 1758
International Ph: +61-7-3371 1758
or email: email@example.com