Metrobank Foundation, Inc.
College Scholarship Program
“The Foundation is committed to helping excellent but financially disadvantaged students obtain a college education from the very best schools in the Philippines. The Metrobank College Scholarship Program covers full tuition and other fees plus a monthly allowance. Scholarships are available for Business, Architecture and Education courses in more than 30 top schools in the Philippines.
ACCESS – Assistance for the Completion of College Education for Superior Students
ACCESS is a two-year program for incoming junior or 3rd year college student. Since 1995, almost 600 scholarships have been granted to poor and academically qualified students from selected level III- and II- accredited private higher learning institutions and state universities all over the country. More than thirty (30) slots for students taking up BS in Accountancy are awarded every year. In the case of schools that offer 5-year Accountancy course programs, however, the Foundation selects incoming 4th year college student since the Foundation offers a 2-year scholarship grant.
Benefits: 100% coverage of tuition fees, miscellaneous and other fees.
ETP – Excellence in Teaching Program
In partnership with the Pi Lambda Theta-Philippine Area Chapter, an honor society of women educators that aims to recognize individuals of superior scholastic achievement and high potential for professional leadership, the ETP is a two-year scholarship program for incoming third year Bachelor in Elementary or Bachelor in Secondary Education students majoring in Science, English or Math.
Benefits: Fixed semestral subsidy
In order to qualify, applicants to these educational assistance programs must:
* Be enrolled in one of the Foundation’s partner institutions;
* Have a cumulative average of at least 85% during the previous years in college;
* Have a combined annual family gross income of not more than P 200,000, as certified by the latest Statement of Income Tax Return;
* Have good conduct records;
* Not be a recipient of any major scholarship;
* Physically fit as certified by a qualified doctor.
The applicant must:
* Accomplish an MBFI application form, which can be secured from the school’s admission or scholarship office;
* Complete the following documentary requirements:
o Transcript of records of the previous years in college;
o Latest Income Tax Return (ITR);
o Certificate of Good Moral Character;
o Certificate of Enrollment or Registration; and
o Medical certificate
* Submit the requirements through the school’s admission or scholarship office.
The school will pre-screen applicants and those who qualify will be endorsed to the Foundation for the final selection process. Scholars will be selected based on the following;
o Paper evaluation of credentials;
o Examination (essay); and
To retain the scholarship, the scholars should maintain an average of at least 85%, with no failing grades, every semester.
For more information, please call Ms. Jackie Jalocon at (02) 898.8855.